Tipa and Associates leads research projects but also works on sub-contract to CRIs, Universities, Iwi authorities and companies. Topics of interest include:
- documenting and restoring significant cultural landscapes;
- matauranga Maori (traditional knowledge);
- developing tools that enable indigenous knowledge to complement environmental science;
- monitoring – in particular the use of Maori indicators; and
- enhancing and protecting mahika kai.
Tipa and Associates has been contracted to assist with:
- Strategic planning.
- Resource consents, including subdivision consents.
- Cultural Impact Assessments.
- Preparing Cultural Resource Inventories.
- Preparing management plans.
- Preparing restoration plans.
- Environmental planning tasks in general.
- Negotiating mitigation.
- Negotiating relation agreements.